Do You Know The First Thing to Do When Creating A Website?
Readable … Navigable … Remarkable
That’s what every website must be to grab – and keep attention.
If you think your website has become outdated, doesn’t reflect your current business, or is just BORING, and you really want to revise or start over, you’re in luck. I write TONS of website copy, and I love to pass on some of the things I’ve learned to my readers.
I have a whole process that I take my wonderful clients through before getting started. There is one thing, however, that I insist on before I begin writing and that is to ESTABLISH SMART GOALS. What is a SMART GOAL? This is an acronym for the 5 elements of successful goal-setting, which are:
- SPECIFIC – that is well-defined and focused – e.g., increase leads among millennials in the northeast
- It should have a MEASURABLE outcome. You might say a 5% increase in leads among millennials in the northeast
- ACHIEVABLE – in other words it should be realistic, not an outlandish dream – like 50% increase in leads among millennials in the northeast in a month
- It needs to be RELEVANT to the current business climate – so while you might want to have your best year ever, if a recession is looming, and a couple of new competitors have moved into the market, this might not be realistic
- And TIME-BASED. The reality is things don’t get done and goals don’t get attained unless you put them in a time frame and establish a deadline
So whether you have a bunch of employees or are an awesome powerhouse of one, your business success depends on your ability to set and achieve goals. Put your website – and your business – on the fast-track by applying the principles of SMART goal setting.
And if you would like to move even faster and smarter, call me
for a free consultation and I’ll share some more tips. 917-670-3554