I Love Writing Subject Lines
If your subject line doesn’t hit the right note, the majority of your recipients won’t open your email. If they don’t open your email, they don’t take action.
It’s a ton of pressure and can easily give you writer’s block.
As a writer, I’ve worked hard on creating subject lines that get opened. And, in case, you don’t love writing subject lines as much as I do, I’ve compiled 6 tips for writing effective email subject lines.
Write your subject line as a …
- Question: Did you know that you could lose weight without ever exercising?
- How To: How to Lose Weight Without Ever Exercising
- List: Top 10 Ways to Lose Weight Without Ever Exercising
- Pique Readers’ Curiosity: 5 Lies We Were Taught in Kindergarten About Weight Loss
- Magical Future: People Who Read My Newsletter Lose an Average of 5 Pounds a Month Without Exercising
- Fear, embarrassment: My Weight Gain Had My Kids Embarrassed to be Seen with Me
Headlines should be provocative, interesting, pull readers in, and correlate with the rest of the story.